Sunday 1 June 2008

Up the river

Our year lease on our place on the Dodder river in Donnybrook is coming up, and we're taking the opportunity to move to something a bit less expensive. The new place is about 60 meters up the river. It's got a little back yard, so that'll be nice for Whiskey. We might even enjoy it ourselves.

We didn't strictly have to move. It's nice to save some money and we don't need all the room we have in this house. I've decided it's going to be Ireland 2.0 for us, and the beginning of the end of our stay here.

4 comments:

Josephine Nicole said...

Congrats on the new place and for knowing when it's time to say "when." (It took my hubby far longer than it should have to realize it was time to go.) I totally hear you about the saving money part, especially since it's time to go. Until Jim gave me a move date, I was blowing money because, well, it's easy to do here. Now that we are actually leaving, I feel that it's time to buckle down. I am with ya, girl.

Moderator said...

What's more: If we don't like the new place, then I'm not going use heroic measures to fix the problem. It will simply hasten our return to the Land of the Free. -Mike

Anonymous said...

Land of the Free? I thought you were going to San Francisco?

Moderator said...

Touché.